Introduction / who is collecting your personal data?
When you apply for a job at CLC World, CLC World will collect and use personal data about you during the recruiting and any hiring process. As described in this Privacy Statement, your personal data may be retained and used by CLC World for the purpose of considering your qualifications for employment, as required by law, or as otherwise described below. Please see below for information that CLC World may receive about you from third parties.
“CLC World” means the specific CLC World affiliates, subsidiaries, and contracted service providers who will collect, use, and maintain your personal data in connection with your application for employment, our Recruiting, and any hiring process if you are extended an offer of employment.
What Personal Data will CLC World collect?
The types of information requested from you and the manner in which that information is collected and accessed are determined by the requirements of the country in which the position is located, and not the country in which you reside. While, specific data requirements vary by country and the position being filled, the following categories of data will generally be collected by CLC World:
- Data you submit in résumés / CVs, letters, writing samples, or other written materials;
- Data generated by interviewers and recruiters, based on their interactions with you or basic Internet searches;
- Data provided by third-party placement firms, recruiters, or job-search websites, where applicable;
- Recommendations provided on your behalf by others;
- Data about your prior employment, education, and where applicable, credit history, criminal records or other data revealed during background screenings;
- Data about your health or disability where it is relevant to your ability or availability to work or to a workplace accommodation, subject to legal limits on the timing of collection of such data and other applicable limitations.
- Data about race / ethnicity / religion / disability / gender and self-identified LGBT status, for purposes of government reporting where required, as well as to understand the diversity characteristics of the CLC World workforce.
Your submission of personal data constitutes your consent to our use of your data and your verification that it is accurate.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the foregoing and consent to the uses of your information as set out above. You are not required to provide any requested information to CLC World, but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that all representations made by you are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related information of an adverse nature. Providing any inaccurate information may make you ineligible for employment.
What will CLC World do with your personal data?
CLC World will use your personal data to:
- Assess your suitability for employment for the role for which you are applying, as well as future roles that may become available;
- Perform administrative functions (e.g. reimburse you for interview-related expenses);
- Perform analysis of our applicant pool in order to better understand who is applying to positions at CLC World and how to attract top talent;
- In some cases, record your online interview for review by additional recruiters and hiring managers. In such cases, we will seek your express consent to be recorded;
- Perform any legally-required reporting, and respond to legal process.
From what sources will CLC World obtain your personal data?
CLC World may obtain data about you from the following sources:
- From you, when you submit resumes or other information online;
- From conversations with recruiters and interviews with hiring managers and other CLC World personnel or representatives, some of which may be recorded (with your express knowledge and consent) as well as from Internet searches that these individuals may perform, or data that they may obtain from job search or professional networking websites (e.g. monster.com, LinkedIn, etc.) where you may have made data about yourself publicly available;
- From third-party recruiters, staffing companies, or websites where you are introduced to CLC World through one. CLC World does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, but does sometimes use such agencies subject to a written agreement. Any resume or other candidate information submitted outside of established candidate submission guidelines (including through the Careers website or via email to any CLC World employee) and without a written agreement or otherwise will be deemed to be provided for CLC World’s use, and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by CLC World; and
- From background checks, as applicable. Where permitted by law, CLC World may contract with a third party to perform a pre-employment background screening. The content of background check information varies by country to comply with local requirements, but may include information gathered from publicly available sources, your former employers or colleagues, schools you have attended, credit reporting agencies, and criminal records databases. These types of information will only be collected with your prior consent, and you will receive more information about the nature of such a background check before it begins. Where required by applicable local law, you may be asked to provide certain background check information, (which may include sensitive data) directly to CLC World.
Who will have access to your personal data? Where are they located?
In general, access to your personal data will be restricted to minimise the number of people in CLC World’s global organisation who need it in order evaluate your application for employment, perform functions supporting our Recruiting functions, or to whom we are compelled to provide it by applicable law.
The following categories of individuals will have access to your personal data:
- Recruiters working with the country where the position you are applying for is based. Such individuals may be based in a different country;
- Hiring managers and other interviewers. Often these individuals will be based in the country where the position is based, but in some cases they may be located in other countries;
- Individuals performing administrative and IT support functions;
- Authorised personnel at our service providers, including:
- Companies contracted to perform background screenings, where applicable. These companies may be based in another country, and may obtain data from other countries where you have lived, worked or studied, as may be relevant as part of a background check. You will receive more information about any such check before it begins;
- Government officials where legal reporting requirements may exist, or law enforcement agencies or private litigants in response to valid law enforcement process (warrant, subpoena, or court order); and
- A successor to CLC World in the event that it sells or divests all or part of its business.
How long will CLC World retain my personal data?
If you are given and accept an offer of employment by CLC World, personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your CLC World personnel records, to be retained throughout and for a period after your employment with CLC World (specific periods vary by country). If CLC World does not employ you, CLC World may nevertheless continue to retain and use personal data collected during the recruitment process for a period of no more than 6 months in order to consider you for new positions during that period.
How CLC World protects your personal data.
CLC World employs organisational, technical, and physical security measures in order to protect your data from loss or misuse. Where we contract with third-party suppliers to provide services that may enable them to access your personal data we require them by contract to have similar security controls in place.